The policy may cover the following services; there are too many variables, so if you don't see your business listed, contact us and we'll let you know if we can help you. And if we can't we'll be happy to refer your business to an insurance agent who can shop the insurance market for you.
- Personal Chef services conducted in a client's home or premises, with up to 25 diners. For this service, food must be prepared on-site, not in a commercial kitchen or elsewhere. It can apply to the traditional personal chef service (customised freezer-friendly meals), private cooking classes in a client's home or commercial premises, dinner parties, BBQs, menu planning services, mis-en-place services etc.
- Artisan food-producers (or cottage industry food producers) who prepare small batches of foods for sale at Farmer's Markets, local events/fairs, etc.
- Small-batch food producers creating food items sold directly to consumers, not through retail locations, including jams, salsas, juices, spice blends, ethnic snacks and savouries etc.
- Culinary or Chef Instructors conducting recreational or institutional cooking lessons of up to 25 people.
- Artisan or Personal bakers making one-off custom cakes, pastries, cupcakes and cookies etc. for sale directly to clients.
- Prepared meal services or meal kits, where meals or ingredients are prepared in a commercial kitchen, packaged and then either delivered to the client or where the client collects them from the commercial kitchen.
- Meal services where meals are prepared in the Chef's own home (subject to municipal licensing, insurance, health and safety protocols etc.) for clients, where the clients can either have the meals delivered or picked up from the home (recommended that Chefs have a lawyer draft a release for the clients, indicating that they understand that the meals will be prepared in Chef's kitchen not a commercial facility, and that transporting foods must be done in accordance with food safety protocols).
- other services outlined on ChefInsurance.com
You can upgrade your Chef Insurance at any time. Unfortunately, you cannot downgrade your membership during the Term. For more terms and conditions of membership go to TheChefAlliance.com
Of course! Our Classic Membership and Classic Plus Membership options are for small businesses like yours and does not include liability insurance. Benefits include:
- discounts for marketing, training courses, goods and services;
- mentorship/support from our Success Managers;
- e-newsletters, addressing industry concerns, business advice, menu trends and much more.
For more information on these and other Membership options, check out TheChefAlliance.com
1. I will operate my service with all appropriate licensing and insurance in place and in adherence to the applicable laws regarding the safe handling of food.
2. I pledge my professional knowledge and skill to the advancement of our profession and will pass that knowledge on to those who are to follow.
3. I will maintain the highest level of professionalism and decorum in any and all communications with others, giving thoughtful regard to the good name and dignity of the Personal Chef industry.
4. I will respect the privacy of my Clients, holding any personal information as confidential unless granted permission to do otherwise.
5. I will maintain the highest regard and care for my Client's property and security, and will not engage in any activity that affects that property without my Client's consent.
6. I will use my experience and knowledge to select appropriate ingredients to create meals that consistently meet or exceed my Clients' expectations.
7. I will continually strive to expand my knowledge, education and experience for the benefit of my Clients, my business, and the Personal Chef industry.
8. I will endeavour to view each day as an opportunity to continue along the path to excellence.
9. I personally accept this code and will support and promote these principles equally to any group with which I am affiliated, or which represents my business and industry.
We respect your privacy! Any and all the information collected on our website will be kept strictly confidential. It will not be sold, reused, rented, disclosed, or loaned. Our members' information is only shared with our member benefit providers so that our members can access their member benefits. Any information that you provide will be held with the utmost care; it will not be used in ways that you have not consented to. Questions? Please feel free to contact us.
License to Use Website: Unless otherwise stated, THE CHEF ALLIANCE and/or its licensors own the intellectual property rights in the website and material on the website. Subject to the license below, all these intellectual property rights are reserved. You may view, download for caching purposes only, and print pages from the website for your own personal use, subject to the restrictions set out below and elsewhere in these terms and conditions.
You must not:
republish material from this website (including republication on another website);
sell, rent or sub-license material from the website;
show any material from the website in public;
reproduce, duplicate, copy or otherwise exploit material on this website for a commercial purpose;
edit or otherwise modify any material on the website; or
redistribute material from this website (except for content specifically and expressly made available for redistribution).
Where content is specifically made available for redistribution, it may only be redistributed within your organization.
Acceptable Use: You must not use this website in any way that causes, or may cause, damage to the website or impairment of the availability or accessibility of the website; or in any way which is unlawful, illegal, fraudulent or harmful, or in connection with any unlawful, illegal, fraudulent or harmful purpose or activity.
You must not use this website to copy, store, host, transmit, send, use, publish or distribute any material which consists of (or is linked to) any spyware, computer virus, Trojan horse, worm, keystroke logger, rootkit or other malicious computer software.
You must not conduct any systematic or automated data collection activities (including without limitation scraping, data mining, data extraction and data harvesting) on or in relation to this website without THE CHEF ALLIANCE’s express written consent.
You must not use this website to transmit or send unsolicited commercial communications.
You must not use this website for any purposes related to marketing without THE CHEF ALLIANCE’s express written consent.
Restricted Access: Access to certain areas of this website is restricted. THE CHEF ALLIANCE reserves the right to restrict access to [other] areas of this website, or indeed this entire website, at THE CHEF ALLIANCE’s discretion. If THE CHEF ALLIANCE provides you with a user ID and password to enable you to access restricted areas of this website or other content or services, you must ensure that the user ID and password are kept confidential. THE CHEF ALLIANCE may disable your user ID and password in THE CHEF ALLIANCE’s sole discretion without notice or explanation.
User Content: In these terms and conditions, “your user content” means material (including without limitation text, images, audio material, video material and audio-visual material) that you submit to this website, for whatever purpose.
You grant to THE CHEF ALLIANCE a worldwide, irrevocable, non-exclusive, royalty-free license to use, reproduce, adapt, publish, translate and distribute your user content in any existing or future media. You also grant to THE CHEF ALLIANCE the right to sub-license these rights, and the right to bring an action for infringement of these rights. Your user content must not be illegal or unlawful, must not infringe any third party’s legal rights, and must not be capable of giving rise to legal action whether against you or THE CHEF ALLIANCE or a third party (in each case under any applicable law). You must not submit any user content to the website that is or has ever been the subject of any threatened or actual legal proceedings or other similar complaint. THE CHEF ALLIANCE reserves the right to edit or remove any material submitted to this website, or stored on THE CHEF ALLIANCE’s servers, or hosted or published upon this website. Notwithstanding THE CHEF ALLIANCE’s rights under these terms and conditions in relation to user content, THE CHEF ALLIANCE does not undertake to monitor the submission of such content to, or the publication of such content on, this website.
No Warranties: This website is provided “as is” without any representations or warranties, express or implied. THE CHEF ALLIANCE makes no representations or warranties in relation to this website or the information and materials provided on this website. Without prejudice to the generality of the foregoing paragraph, THE CHEF ALLIANCE does not warrant that:
this website will be constantly available, or available at all; or
the information on this website is complete, true, accurate or non-misleading.
Nothing on this website constitutes, or is meant to constitute, advice of any kind. If you require advice in relation to any legal, financial or medical matter you should consult an appropriate professional.
Limitations of Liability: THE CHEF ALLIANCE will not be liable to you (whether under the law of contact, the law of torts or otherwise) in relation to the contents of, or use of, or otherwise in connection with, this website:
to the extent that the website is provided free-of-charge, for any direct loss;
for any indirect, special or consequential loss; or
for any business losses, loss of revenue, income, profits or anticipated savings, loss of contracts or business relationships, loss of reputation or goodwill, or loss or corruption of information or data.
These limitations of liability apply even if THE CHEF ALLIANCE has been expressly advised of the potential loss.
Exceptions: Nothing in this website disclaimer will exclude or limit any warranty implied by law that it would be unlawful to exclude or limit; and nothing in this website disclaimer will exclude or limit THE CHEF ALLIANCE’s liability in respect of any:
death or personal injury caused by THE CHEF ALLIANCE’s negligence;
fraud or fraudulent misrepresentation on the part of THE CHEF ALLIANCE; or
matter which it would be illegal or unlawful for THE CHEF ALLIANCE to exclude or limit, or to attempt or purport to exclude or limit, its liability.
Reasonableness: By using this website, you agree that the exclusions and limitations of liability set out in this website disclaimer are reasonable. If you do not think they are reasonable, you must not use this website.
Other Parties: You accept that, as a limited liability entity, THE CHEF ALLIANCE has an interest in limiting the personal liability of its officers and employees. You agree that you will not bring any claim personally against THE CHEF ALLIANCE’s officers or employees in respect of any losses you suffer in connection with the website.
Without prejudice to the foregoing paragraph, you agree that the limitations of warranties and liability set out in this website disclaimer will protect THE CHEF ALLIANCE’s officers, employees, agents, subsidiaries, successors, assigns and sub-contractors as well as THE CHEF ALLIANCE.
Unenforceable Provisions: If any provision of this website disclaimer is, or is found to be, unenforceable under applicable law, that will not affect the enforceability of the other provisions of this website disclaimer.
Indemnity: You hereby indemnify THE CHEF ALLIANCE and undertake to keep THE CHEF ALLIANCE indemnified against any losses, damages, costs, liabilities and expenses (including without limitation legal expenses and any amounts paid by THE CHEF ALLIANCE to a third-party in settlement of a claim or dispute on the advice of THE CHEF ALLIANCE’s legal advisers) incurred or suffered by THE CHEF ALLIANCE arising out of any breach by you of any provision of these terms and conditions, or arising out of any claim that you have breached any provision of these terms and conditions.
Breaches of These Terms and Conditions: Without prejudice to THE CHEF ALLIANCE’s other rights under these terms and conditions, if you breach these terms and conditions in any way, THE CHEF ALLIANCE may take such action as THE CHEF ALLIANCE deems appropriate to deal with the breach, including suspending your access to the website, prohibiting you from accessing the website, blocking computers using your IP address from accessing the website, contacting your internet service provider to request that they block your access to the website and/or bringing court proceedings against you.
Variation: THE CHEF ALLIANCE may revise these terms and conditions from time-to-time. Revised terms and conditions will apply to the use of this website from the date of the publication of the revised terms and conditions on this website. Please check this page regularly to ensure you are familiar with the current version.
Assignment: THE CHEF ALLIANCE may transfer, sub-contract or otherwise deal with THE CHEF ALLIANCE’S rights and/or obligations under these terms and conditions without notifying you or obtaining your consent. You may not transfer, sub-contract or otherwise deal with your rights and/or obligations under these terms and conditions.
Severability: If a provision of these terms and conditions is determined by any court or other competent authority to be unlawful and/or unenforceable, the other provisions will continue in effect. If any unlawful and/or unenforceable provision would be lawful or enforceable if part of it were deleted, that part will be deemed to be deleted, and the rest of the provision will continue in effect.
Entire Agreement: These terms and conditions constitute the entire agreement between you and THE CHEF ALLIANCE in relation to your use of this website, and supersede all previous agreements in respect of your use of this website.
The first term of membership is for a maximum of 1 year, ending on June 30th (the “Term”). So, for example, if you start a new membership in December, the first term of membership is only for 7 months - from December until the upcoming June 30th. Renewals occur automatically on July 1st each year to give members continuous liability protection and seamless access to member benefits. Cancellations of upcoming membership terms (renewals) must be received by our office no later than April 1st.
We also offer Short Term Memberships - including 1-month, 3-month and 6-month options. If you select one of these options and later decide to extend to a regular membership, expiring on June 30th 2021, we will simply apply any fees already paid to the cost of a regular membership, so that only the incremental amount will be due and payable to extend it. This gives you the flexibility to extend, if required, without the initial long-term commitment. Short Term Memberships also include our member benefits and liability insurance.
For more details on Membership options, go to TheChefAlliance.com
TEL: 1. 877. 402. 3221.