TEL: 1 877 402 3221
By Jonathan Benno
ACTIVE: 15 MIN TOTAL TIME: 45 MIN
This recipe reminded him of the homey cobblers his grandmother used to make, but with the refinement of a classic French apple tarte Tatin.
1/4 cup sugar
1 tablespoon water
1 teaspoon light corn syrup
3 medium freestone peaches—peeled, halved and pitted
5-ounce sheet of frozen all-butter puff pastry, thawed but very cold
Vanilla ice cream, for serving
1. Preheat the oven to 400°.
2. In a small saucepan, combine the sugar, water and corn syrup and bring to a simmer over moderate heat. Simmer without stirring until an amber caramel forms, about 6 minutes.
3. Pour the caramel into an 8-inch ovenproof skillet, tilting to coat the bottom. Set the peach halves in the caramel, cut sides up.
4. On a lightly floured surface, cut the puff pastry into an 8-inch round. Set the round over the peaches in the skillet and bake until the pastry is richly browned and puffed, about 28 minutes.
5. Remove the skillet from the oven and let stand for 5 minutes. Carefully invert the peach tart onto a cake plate and let cool slightly.
STUDY TO BECOME A PERSONAL CHEF
IN THE COMFORT
OF YOUR HOME
Running a Chef Business
isn't worth the
risk to your future.
Protect your finances,
your business & clients.
Making insurance affordable.
THE CANADIAN PERSONAL CHEF ALLIANCE
POWERED BY THE CHEF ALLIANCE