TEL: 1 877 402 3221
THE CANADIAN PERSONAL CHEF ALLIANCE
POWERED BY THE CHEF ALLIANCE
By Lauren Gerrie
“This recipe can be done with any type of nondairy milk: coconut, rice, cashew, et cetera. It can also be done with dairy milk or water—just adjust the seasoning to your own liking.”
1 large celery root
5 to 6 garlic cloves, peeled and whole
2 Kaffir lime leaves
1 bay leaf
Optional: Butter or olive oil
1. Clean the celery root by slicing off the exterior skin, then cut it into large cubes.
2. Place the cubed celery root and garlic in a medium-size pot and add almond milk to cover.
3. Add the Kaffir lime and bay leaves and a couple of generous pinches of salt and pepper, then bring the mixture to a boil over medium-high heat.
4. Once it’s boiling, turn the heat down to medium and simmer for about 15 to 20 minutes, until fork-tender.
5. Strain over a bowl, keep the cooking liquid, and discard the leaves.
6. Puree the mixture in a Vitamix or other high-power blender, adding more almond milk as needed. The less milk you use, the thicker the soup or puree.
7. Add salt and pepper to taste. For a richer soup, add a tablespoon or two of olive oil and blend again.
STUDY TO BECOME A PERSONAL CHEF
IN THE COMFORT
OF YOUR HOME
Running a Chef Business
isn't worth the
risk to your future.
Protect your finances,
your business & clients.
Making insurance affordable.