By: Chef Melissa Rubel Jacobson from Food & Wine
Prep time: 20 mins
Total cooking time 105 mins + 7 hours marinading
2 cups plain whole-milk yogurt
1 medium onion, coarsely chopped
3 large garlic cloves
One 1-inch piece of fresh ginger, peeled and thinly sliced
1/4 cup fresh lemon juice
2 teaspoons ground turmeric
1 teaspoon ground cumin
1 teaspoon ground coriander
1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
2 bone-in, skin-on turkey breast halves (about 3 pounds each)
Kosher salt and freshly ground pepper
2 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
1. In a food processor, puree the yogurt with the onion, garlic, ginger, lemon juice, turmeric, cumin, coriander, cinnamon and cayenne.
2. Place the turkey breasts on a large rimmed baking sheet. Pour the yogurt marinade over the turkey and rub it over both sides and under the skin. Cover and refrigerate for at least 6 hours and up to 24 hours.
3. Remove the turkey from the refrigerator 1 hour before roasting. Preheat the oven to 475°F. Transfer the turkey breasts (with any marinade that sticks to them) to a large roasting pan, skin side up. Season with salt and pepper and drizzle the butter over the skin. Roast for 20 minutes.
4. Reduce the oven temperature to 375°F and roast for 50 minutes longer, or until an instant-read thermometer inserted in the thickest part of the breast registers 165°F.
5. Transfer the turkey to a cutting board and let rest for 10 minutes. Carve and serve.
TEL: 1. 877. 402. 3221.