TEL: 1. 877. 402. 3221.
By: Katharine Hepburn, Actress
Prep time 10 min
Total time 60 min
1/2 cup cocoa
1 stick butter
1 cup sugar
1/4 cup flour
1 cup broken-up walnuts or pecans
1 teaspoon vanilla
pinch of salt
1. Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
2. Melt butter in saucepan with cocoa and stir until smooth. Remove from heat and allow to cool for a few minutes.
3. Mix in eggs, one at a time.
4. Add sugar, flour, nuts, vanilla and salt.
5. Pour into a greased 8x8 square pan.
6. Bake for approx. 40 minutes. ''Don't overbake!'' They should be gooey. Let cool (an essential step) and cut into bars.