TEL: 1. 877. 402. 3221.
By: Maya Moscovich
Prep time: 5 mins
Cook time: 15 mins
Serves: 45 Cookies
For the Cookies:
2 Cups All Purpose Flour
1 Cup Icing Sugar
2 Egg Yolks
5 Tbsp Water
For the filling:
(And/ Or) Raspberry Jam
For the Meringue:
2 Egg Whites
¼ Cup Icing Sugar
1. Preheat oven to 350F (180C) and layer a baking sheet with parchment paper.
2. In a stand mixer bowl combine the flour, butter, icing sugar and egg yolks. Mix until you get a crumbly mix (that resembles sand). (To quickly soften the butter, grate or cut into small cubes into the mixing bowl.)
3. Gradually, while mixing, add one tbsp water at a time until the dough turns into one soft ball and everything is fully combined. Careful not to over mix it. Stop mixing once combined into dough.
4. Using a teaspoon, scoop the dough one teaspoon at a time and roll each scoop of dough into a small ball. Place on a parchment paper layered baking sheet making sure the balls are about 1” apart. Gently press on each ball using the back of your palm to create a disc shaped cookie.
5. Bake in the preheated oven for 7-9 minutes. Bottom of cookies should be golden when they are ready.
6. Place the cookies on a wire rack to cool completely. Once cooled, spread a thick layer of lemon marmalade/ raspberry jam on each cookie and place back onto the baking sheet..
7. Prepare the meringue by whipping the egg whites and icing sugar together on medium-high speed until stiff peaks form. You should get a firm and sable meringue. Using a piping bag (or a Ziploc bag with a cut opening on the bottom), pipe a bit of meringue on each marmalade/ jam covered cookie.
8. Place the cookies back into the (still) preheated oven for 5 minutes or until meringue is golden. Remove from the oven, let cool and serve. Store in an airtight container in one layer.