TEL: 1 877 402 3221
THE CANADIAN PERSONAL CHEF ALLIANCE
POWERED BY THE CHEF ALLIANCE
Running a Chef Business
isn't worth the
risk to your future.
Protect your finances,
your business & clients.
Making insurance affordable.
STUDY TO BECOME A PERSONAL CHEF
IN THE COMFORT
OF YOUR HOME
By Jennifer, https://www.isavea2z.com/
ACTIVE: 5 MIN TOTAL TIME: 25 MIN
This is a crunchy, Keto-friendly snack that's so cheesy, you won't be able to stop!
2 Cups Cheese of your choice (e.g. a mix of Parmesan-Romano, Swiss and Cheddar)
1 cup Almond Flour
2 oz Cream Cheese
1/2 teaspoon sea salt
1 teaspoon Rosemary (or a seasoning of your choice such as basil, chives, garlic, dill weed, spicy chili, thyme, oregano etc…)
1. Mix all the cheeses (including the cream cheese) along with the almond flour in a microwave safe bowl and cook it for exactly one minute. If you prefer not to use a microwave, heat these ingredients up on the stove top, but keep stirring. You are going to heat them up just enough for the cheese to melt enough for you to roll out the dough.
2. Add the flour. Immediately stir the ingredients until the almond flour and cheeses have combined fully. You want the cheese to be partially melted. Allow this to cool for a few minutes because if you put the egg in these ingredients too soon it will cook the egg.
3. Now add the egg, sea salt, and seasoning of your choice. You want to add about a teaspoon of your favourite seasoning unless it’s a spicy mix, in which case add only about a 1/2 teaspoon for spicy seasonings. Mix it together until all the ingredients are fully combined. If you cheese has gotten too hard or it’s too hard to mix, you can heat your cheese mixture just until it gets soft again.
4. Now place the ball of dough on a large sheet of parchment paper. Then place another sheet of parchment paper of equal size on top of the ball of dough. You can use your hands or a rolling pin to spread the dough out into a thin layer. It should spread easily so ensure that you keep the dough inside the square piece of parchment paper. Make sure the parchment paper is the same size as your baking sheet.
5. Next, use a pizza cutter to cut the crackers into small squares.
6. Bake these crackers on each side at 450 degrees for about 5 or 6 minutes on each side. If the crackers are thin, you will cook them about 5 minutes on each side but if the dough is thick, it may take 7 to 9 minutes to get the crispy cracker texture you are looking for. When you keep the dough on the parchment paper it’s really easy to flip it over while it’s hot after cooking it on the first side. You may need to use the pizza cutter again to define the lines on the flip side too. Feel free to leave the crackers in the oven longer (but watch them closely) if you love a very crispy texture.