TEL: 1 877 402 3221
THE CANADIAN PERSONAL CHEF ALLIANCE
POWERED BY THE CHEF ALLIANCE
Running a Chef Business
isn't worth the
risk to your future.
Protect your finances,
your business & clients.
Making insurance affordable.
By: Melissa Rubel Jacobson on foodandwine.com
Total Time: 35 mins
3 1/2 ounces dried apricots
4 skin-on boneless chicken breasts (9 ounces each)
Salt and freshly ground pepper
1 tablespoon olive oil
1 large onion, diced
1 garlic clove, thinly sliced
2 thyme sprigs
1 bay leaf
1/2 cup dry white wine
1 1/2 cups chicken stock
2 tablespoons apricot preserves
1 tablespoon unsalted butter
1. Preheat the oven to 350°F. In a bowl, cover the apricots with hot water and let stand until soft, about 15 minutes; drain.
2. Dry the chicken with paper towels and then season with salt and pepper. In a stainless steel skillet, heat the oil. Add the chicken, skin side down, and cook over moderately high heat until golden brown, 5 minutes. Flip and cook about 3 minutes longer. Transfer the chicken to a baking sheet and roast for about 14 minutes.
3. Add the onion, garlic, thyme and bay leaf to the skillet. Season with salt and cook over moderate heat until the onion is tender.
4. Add the wine and boil until reduced by half, scraping up the browned bits in the skillet. Add the chicken stock, apricots and apricot preserves and bring to a boil. Cook over high heat until the sauce thickens.
5. Turn off the heat, swirl in the butter until melted. Discard the thyme sprigs and bay leaf. Season the sauce with salt and pepper.
6. Transfer the chicken to plates, spoon the sauce on top and serve.
With The Chef Alliance, a rewarding culinary career is within your grasp!
STUDY TO BECOME A PERSONAL CHEF
IN THE COMFORT
OF YOUR HOME